Advance Care Plan Mythbusters: 5 Truths To Honor Your Wishes
Time & Location
About the Event
About Advance Care Planning, do you find yourself saying-I should do that, but
- I’m healthy; I don’t need one.
- I really don’t know what it’s for.
- I wouldn’t know where to start.
- I’m more concerned about my parents than myself.
- It’s on my to do list, but just can’t seem to get it done.
- I really don’t want to talk about death.
- All the Above
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process of conversations & creating vital directives to express your healthcare goals, values, & wishes for when you’re not able to speak for yourself. Through mythbusting & defining terms, we’ll reflect on why it’s hard to get started and provide some user-friendly tools.
Before National Healthcare Decision Day (US)/Advance Care Planning Day (Can.) (both on April 16), Stefanie Elkins, Aging Life Care Manager® & End-of-Life Specialist, and Jennifer Timer, End of Life Doula & Grief Counsellor, will have fun clearing up myths & answering questions about ACP, so you’re empowered to get it done!
Talk, Panel, & Conversation
Wellness End-of-Life Planning Healthcare Living Fully